Monday, March 7, 2011

GMAT booked after 100 hours of prep - the pressure's on

GMAT booked - 45 days to go

This week I got around to booking my GMAT exam. It's schedule for Thursday April 21 at 9.00am. Personally I would have preferred an afternoon or slightly later time but it was not possible with my schedule. I am flying out on Thursday afternoon for what will (by then) be a well deserved break.

Also spent time this week completing the Veritas Prep Class 6 (Geometry) homework (5 hours), as well as Class 5 (Sentence Correction 1) On Demand video + homework (5 hours) and Class 9 (Sentence Correction 2) On Demand video + homework (3 hours). All of this took approximately 13 hours. In real terms it took much longer but I'm not counting procrastinating etc. I am now fairly confident on Sentence Correction. This is a great achievement because it was previously my main area of weakness in Verbal.

My plan over the next week is to finish off the things on my to do list from my last post. In that post I estimated that it would take about 30 hours to finish what I wanted, and that the plan was to be done in 2 weeks, so I'm on schedule. Still remaining on my to do list from my last post are:

Quant:
- Class 8 (Data Sufficiency): On Demand video + homework.
- Class 14 (Advanced Word Problems and Quant Review): On Demand video + homework.

Verbal:
- Class 13 (AWA) On Demand video. There's no homework for this, but I want to, by the end, have a clear template in my head for both AWA essays.

Next steps

After finishing the above, I will move on to:
- Doing some diagnostic tests that come along with the Veritas Prep TrueTrack account to identify my areas of weakness
- Looking at the MGMAT books to build on my areas of weakness
- Re-doing all of the homework questions in Veritas Prep that I initially got wrong / guessed (I have tagged every question)
- Doing more GMAT tests
- Going through OG12 and OGVerbal2/OGQuant2 books in full - referring to Beat The GMAT's 60 day study plan to do it methodically by subject.

Running tally to date:

  • 108 hours of prep work (including going through materials, doing practice questions, attending class, and checking answers and mistakes; does NOT include taking practice CAT exams) since 3 January 2011.
  • 4 CAT exams.
    • 620 (40Q/35V), 05.01.11 [GMATSim1]
    • 610 (33Q/41V), 12.01.11 [800Score1]
    • 660 (42Q/40V), 29.01.11 [GMATPrep1]
    • 700 (51Q/37V), 26.02.11 [GMATLife1].

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck! you still have lot of time. use it to improve on your weak areas

    ReplyDelete